Ciumesti - The Calvinist Church

Available in:
The present church has a medieval origin, with a polygonal sanctuary and buttresses at the exterior corners. The windows were entirely transformed, and the ceiling is flat. The interior is divided by a triumphal arch. Except the stone pulpit, nothing was kept of the original furniture of the church. According to an inscription, the crown of the pulpit was made in 1763 by Zsigmond of Csomaközy, the local noble family that also gave the name of the village. After the earthquake of 1834, a lot of repairs and transformations were carried out in the church. One of the most important was changing the crown of the pulpit (1834). The former fence that surrounded the church may have been built in the Middle Ages. The wooden tower on the western side of the nave was built in 1831 and it is now being used as an entrance hallway. The church no longer has any bells. (TSz).

Navigation


County Museum of Satu Mare
Bd. Vasile Lucaciu, Nr. 21
440031, Satu Mare
România
Tel.:0261-737526
Fax.:0261-768761
Email:muzeusm@gmail.com

Complete Details
Finanţator
Sigla UE
Pentru informaţii despre celelalte programe finanţate de Uniunea Europeană în România, cât şi pentru informaţii detaliate privind statutul de membru al României la Uniunea Europeană, vă invităm să vizitaţi adresa web a Reprezentanţei Comisiei Europene în România
Acest site web nu reprezintă în mod necesar poziţia oficială a Comisiei Europene. Întreaga răspundere asupra corectitudinii şi coerenţei informaţiilor prezentate revine iniţiatorilor site-ului web.