Craidorolt - The Calvinist Church

Available in:
Only the polygonal sanctuary and the buttresses at the western corner of the nave suggest the medieval origin of the present church. The majority of the medieval parts were replaced during the renovation of 1869, when even the wooden tower, dating from the 18th century, was demolished in order to build a higher stone tower on the western façade. The registers of the parish keep a written note that, during the renovation, a brick was found with “Greek letters”. On the basis of this inscription, the edifice was dated in the year 1024. Such an early date for the church seems exaggerated, though, according to the name of the settlement referring to the hawk-keepers of the king, the village is from the early Middle Age. The medieval origin of the church, therefore, is sure, but the exact date of the construction can not be determined. After the Tatar invasion, the church remained without a roof for eighty years, until 1740. The ceiling of the edifice is flat; the windows are semicircular at the upper side. The gallery is on the northern side, having a semicircular window above it and a door at its bottom. The furniture is simple. The lack of information does not allow to date the bells. (TSz).


Navigation


County Museum of Satu Mare
Bd. Vasile Lucaciu, Nr. 21
440031, Satu Mare
România
Tel.:0261-737526
Fax.:0261-768761
Email:muzeusm@gmail.com

Complete Details
Finanţator
Sigla UE
Pentru informaţii despre celelalte programe finanţate de Uniunea Europeană în România, cât şi pentru informaţii detaliate privind statutul de membru al României la Uniunea Europeană, vă invităm să vizitaţi adresa web a Reprezentanţei Comisiei Europene în România
Acest site web nu reprezintă în mod necesar poziţia oficială a Comisiei Europene. Întreaga răspundere asupra corectitudinii şi coerenţei informaţiilor prezentate revine iniţiatorilor site-ului web.